View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 12:42 AM   #2
Lien

My allergies started after a bout of dysentery (gi infection) and a subsequent car crash I was in. I'd been sensitive to some foods and inhalants, but not as bad. My allergy doc said that sometimes a trauma or severe stress can tip the scales.

You may be sensitive to more things. The tests are not 100% accurate. And when you ingest a combination of several foods/ inhalants, you can be sensitive, when the stuff on its own doesn't give you trouble. It takes a while to find out what works for you.

Eg. I can drink coffee in winter, when it's freezing, but I get symptoms in Spring when pollen counts are high.

You are lucky to have allergies to things that are relatively easy to avoid. I am sensitive to milk, corn, soy, potato, eggs and lots of other stuff. I cook everything from scratch.

On the other hand, I eat a very healthy diet, am slim and feel great. It's much easier for me to stick to the diet, because when I eat things I shouldn't be eating, I feel like a wreck within a few hours.

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote