View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #11
Donna Sue in Texas

Re: Start, stop, start, stop

Hey Vicki,

I feel for you girl. I'm still on the x/t. 5/500 mg Tykerb in the a.m. Followed by 3 Xeloda in the a.m. And 2 in the p.m. I had been doing 4 & 3 but my last PET showed I was stable (no new cells) so I started back on Monday at a reduced dose to see if that will help with my feet. I had taken a 4-week break and they cleared up just fine. Too early to tell how they will do now. The diarrhea from the Tykerb is awful. I take Lomotil and Immodium. But the diarrhea is still there I just can control it enough to get to a bathroom. As far as the feet, I use lots of cream which doesnt stop the reaction but soothes them a little. I couldn't even wear closed in shoes before. They were so red on the bottom they looked purple. Had a real hard time walking too. If it gets that bad again we will tweak it some more and if that doesn't help I will have to switch to something else.

I was able to really enjoy my trip to Big Bend on my break from it, after I could finally put on my hiking shoes.

Good Luck & God Bless

Donna Sue
6 cycles of TCH ended January 2012 NED
Continue Herceptin every 3 wks
May 2012 cells back in lymphs
Started Xeloda w/Herceptin
No improvement after 3 cycles
8/9/12 Xeloda/Tykerb started & discontinue Herceptin
10/9/12 cells in lymph stable nothing new
01/08/13 two new cells SUV uptake on existing cells going up. Change of treatment to come
Donna Sue in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote