View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 07:04 PM   #9
Lori S

To those experiencing diarrhea on T&X I just wanted to share my experience with this protocol. I started with 3,300 mg of Xeloda and 5 pills of Tykerb. I too experienced severe diarrhea during the first and second cycles. I had diarrhea so much the second go around that my colon became inflammed and I was having bloody stools. It turns out I was dehydrated so please make sure you keep up on your fluids. On my third cycle my onc decreased the Xeloda to 2,300 mg. I only had diarrhea twice during the third cycle and it was less severe. I am currently on my second week of Xeloda for the 4th cycle and so far I have not had any diarrhea - knock on wood!!

If you can hang in there and ask about reducing the X before stopping the protocol. In my case my onc believes that the Tykerb is providing the benefits now. That is it is keeping my mets stable in my lungs.

Lori
Mar '04 - 4 1/2 weeks radiation
Apr '04 - started herceptin 52 weeks completed May '05
Dec '05 - Stage IV extensive lung mets to right & left lungs
Jan '06 - Xeloda 4 months til progression
Jun '06 - Jan '07 - Herceptin & Pertuzubmab every 3 weeks til progression
Feb '07 - Tykerb/Xeloda
June '07 - Taken off Tykerb/Xeloda protocol as lung mets had progressed and now had brain mets as well. Treated upfront with Gamma Knife Radiosugery for brain mets and started Doxil on 6/26/07.
Lori S is offline   Reply With Quote