View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #25
ArmyMomLisa

Re: Herceptin and leg and joint pains

My onc told me the watery eyes was due to the Taxotere and should get better 6-8 weeks after treatment. I have seen some improvement (am now almost 6 weeks out from TCH) so am hoping it continues to get better and that it was the culprit more than the Herceptin (will be on that til next Feb.) And I also don't like the red looking eyes...w/ that and the bald head, it's easy to feel rather less than pretty! Stomach issues haven't been too terrible, but I hear you on the being gassy part. Seriously - the things this does to your body is ridiculous. Just happy for some ridiculously good stuff too!

And silly me, I was assuming the runny nose was from having no hair in there to stop the snot! :-) haha

Biggest thing now (besides being so tired all the time, and waiting for hair) is being very eager for the neuropathy to subside.

This getting knocked on your butt business is for the birds. Getting back up is harder than I could ever have imagined and you are right - only those who have been thru chemo can really understand. (I keep reminding myself of that when people say silly things or just don't 'get it')

THank you all for a place to talk and be heard!

11/17/10 diagnosed (at age 44) after mammogram w/ 3 cm, Stage 1,Grade 3 IDC in left breast Er/Pr+, Her2+, BRCA neg.
12/14/10 lumpectomy
12/17/10 path report results show tumor larger than originally thought from MRI,
1/3/11 Bilateral mastectomy w/ immediate reconstruction (expanders - began fills 4 weeks after surg.)
2/16/11 Began 6 rounds of Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin every 3 weeks
2/18/11 to hospital w/ kidney stone! (Dr. believes from 'shock to my body' of chemo.)
6/2/11 last chemo! Continue Herceptin every 3 weeks til 2/12
6/22/11 Started Tamoxifen
7/5/11 reconstruction surg.
ArmyMomLisa is offline   Reply With Quote