View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #4
Colleens_Husband

Hey Sue:

Thanks for posting and thanks for being so open and honest with all of us here. I know this wasn't very easy for you to say.

Sue, you have nothing to feel sorry about or to apologize for. You live a full five hours away and you have your own life to live. With you being away to college, you are doing the absolute best you can for your mother. The best thing you can do for your mother is to live the best you can and become the best person you can possibly be.

You may want to make inquiries into a thing called 'survivor's guilt'. This may help you see that you are having perfectly normal and predictable feelings over an emotionally devastating situation.

I don't wish to get away from it all because I know that each and every day I spend with my dear wife is a precious gift. Try to make the time you spend with your mom mean something and you may not feel so bad when you go away to college.

And don't take this trying to be strong stuff too seriously. Sometimes its okay to lean into your fears and pain. Its often the easiest way to get through all of this.

Sue, you are in our hearts and prayers.

Lee

Diagnosed in September 2007
ER-/PR-/HER2 Neu+++ 2.1 cm x .9 cm spicluted tumor with three fingers, Stage 2B
Sentinal node biopsy and lymph node removal with 3/18 positive in October 2007
4 TAC infusions
lumpectomy March 2008, bad margins
Re-excision on June 3rd, 2008 with clean margins
Fitted for compression sleeve July 16, 2008
Started the first of two TCH infusions August 14, 2008
Done with chemo and now a member of the blue dot club 9/17/08
Starting radiation October 1, 2008