View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
Becky

Re: Tribute to Brenda (Hutchibk)

Brenda is a pioneer and is the epitome of the word - self advocate. She taught all of us what it meant - really meant. She taught us all what it means to live your life on your terms and to enjoy.

I had the great honor of meeting Brenda during a SABCS meeting that many of us Her2ers on this board attended together. Of course, when leaving the meeting, we all kinda left separately having our own flights to catch - sometimes even on separate days.

During the meeting, we exchanged cell #s so we could meet up during the meeting. Brenda took the initiative to call each of us to say goodbye. Brenda cared about everyone on this board.

I will always remember her replies to us when one of us thought something was wrong - a new lump, getting scans for a symptom etc. More likely than not, most of these fears turned out to be nothing - benign or just a symptom of old age. She would say "yippee skippy, give it a name and buy it a drink"! I will never forget this. I am crying and praying for a miracle and if anyone can pull it off, it just might be Brenda.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote