View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 05:19 AM   #24
TerriLynne

Hi Jakki

I'm new to this website and forum but saw your post regarding taking Tykerb through the UK trial. I am also in the UK and hoping to get approval for the trial having just been told I have brain mets again (had whole brain radio last year and surgery in March). Did you have to wait long before being told that you were in? Does everyone get Tykerb - I did the HERA trial and due to radomising not everyone actually got Herceptin to start with.

The results on Tykerb look good and if I don't get into the trial I would be prepared to pursue it privately especially as otherwise my options are limited. Does anyone know if it is possible to have it prescribed via an oncologist in the US?

I am lucky to have had private health care throughout although under the same oncologist as would have had under NHS. As Jakki says the treatment was probably pretty much the same but everything happenned faster and the hospital was nicer - I didn't have to wait for hours each time I went for chemo which was a big plus.

Hope you are coping with the side effects Jakki - perhaps we can compare notes if I am accepted.

Best wishes & take care

Terri.
TerriLynne is offline   Reply With Quote