View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 07:13 AM   #11
Karen Wheel

Re: Side Effects of Ending Herceptin

You are not alone!

I am about 3 months into the drug cocktail (as I call it) and I feel like you feel -but sometimes a few times a day - so I think overall it is the toxic part of the drug (s) ... I had a low dose chemo - but it was still toxic - and even though I have side effects from the Herceptin - I feel strange (ALL THE TIME!) ... I feel that (hope that!) it is helping my body cancel out the receptors that want the cancer to come back again in my body.

I too feel nuts half the time - Eespecially talking to my Italian doctors ---HELP! They think I am just a whacko I am sure, and I ask so many questions, and they think my diet is insane (my eat to live concept!) and no one here in Italy seems to ask questions on the drugs or the therapy - they just say "yes, okay" .... I ask a million questions and keep asking them over and over. (note my Italian is "ok" but not great! So everyone at the hospital has been really sweet but surely they think I am a nut case! --- la pazza ragazza americana! - the crazy american girl!

So you are not losing it! Herceptin (and Chemo) are all drugs. They are toxic and we keep thinking that somehow they will help save our lives (and sometimes it works!) ....

I would suggest my new favorite book to you --

Cancer Battleplan Sourcebook... by David Frahm.
And ... I would suggest doing a complete cleanse and juice fast to detox (I'm doing one the end of September when my radiation and all my supplements arrive from the US - as I live in Italy) and ... I think this might help me (and YOU) get the toxic stuff from the treatment out of our bodies.

Our bodies are amazing and given the right amount of nutrients and food they can literally heal themselves.

AND...Sometimes I second guess myself for even doing this conventional medical cure! ... but ... I think I have to do everything we possibly can to try to save our own lives!

Live strong! Feel free to email me if you want more info. karen_mppseattle@hotmail.com

:-)

Karen
Age – 44 pre- menopausal
No children – no pregnancies
2-09 – Biopsy – Cancer
3-09 – Partial mastectomy Right – 3 nodes taken but not involved
Tumor results: 1.5 cm – Stage 1 - Her-2 +++
Estrogen positive 80% - Progestin 10% - Ki67 postive 30%
4-09 – Started Herceptin (for 1 year every 21 days)
4-09 – 6-09 Chemo – 9 weeks of Navelbine
7-09 - 30 sessions of radiation (almost finished!)
Karen Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote