View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 10:11 AM   #20
Vi Schorpp

No strangeness

Once I looked at the scar I was fine...I was grateful the surgery was behind me and the drains would soon be gone. I have to say that the one thing I focused on when Hoda Kotb discussed her cancer was the tremendous amount of pain she felt trying to figure out the right decision for HER. Even if a lumpectomy has the same results, you have to figure in the size of your breasts and other things. My sister-in-law (who is barely "B") said that if she had to do it over again she would have elected the mastectomy because she felt the lumpectomy "disfigured" her breast. As Tousled mentioned, going from a "D" cup to nothing would be a shock. There's no right answer. I elected a mastectomy on the right side and 4 years later haven't decided what to do with the left side. I have no regrets because that was the best decision for ME.

As an aside, many people wondered if I felt "cheated" when I had 2 C-sections and didn't experience the pushing. Again, no regrets. The outcomes I wanted (two healthy children, my daughter and my son) were achieved.
Vi Schorpp is offline   Reply With Quote