View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 09:29 PM   #26
margaret

I only have one breast and have been out in the dating world for the past 3 years since I left my husband. I have found men to be very accepting. I know that I am a very loving and affectionate person with or without a left breast. Attitude is so important. If I'm concentrating on how I can show my love to them and how to express my caring to them, then I'm not so concerned on what they're thinking about me. When I'm expressing genuine love for them, they feel that and are loving and generous in return. So it's kind of like ' give and you shall receive'. Kindness, smiles and expressing love are extremely attractive.
I'm 43 and I don't plan on having any reconstruction. I'm proud of my battle wounds. Just like I'm proud of the scar from my c-sections that allowed me to give birth to 2 beautiful children. My mastectomy scar shows that I am a woman of courage who has fought a battle with a life threatening disease and I have learned so much from the process. I hold my head high and know that I am lovable and acceptable exactly how I am. I also like to share with people that I had to lose my left breast so that I was able to open my heart more fully. I was too afraid and shut down in my life before cancer to really express my strong loving heart to others. Now I'm not afraid. No one can hurt me more than I hurt myself by shutting down and hiding my heart. Now I'm ready to take risks. live life fully and express my love as best I can.....
Go for it!
Margaret
margaret is offline   Reply With Quote