View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #18
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Neupogen Shots? Standard With Navelbine?

I've read than Claritin taken the day of Neupogen shot lessens the painful side effects.

Also Tumeric helps with inflammation.

Just checked on line before posting.

They've recently done studies w/Claritin and it's helping.

In '98 I had spinal pain from Neupogen, like a bolt of lightning struck me, and I didn't know that could be a side effect. Scared the pants off me.

Add this to your list, Karen.

And let us know where it takes you, please.

I like the lowering dosage part of Navy Beans. Wish I'd asked for less Taxotere. Never occurred to me. I was 6 wks on and 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths... Fluid around my lungs, fluid around my heart, could only whisper and kept tripping on my toes... Couldn't seem to lift my foot up fully. But I got to California from Fla for my niece's wedding (slept all the way there and back) but she wanted her auntie there, and I wouldn't fail her... With tears streaming 24/7 from that Taxotere, I clutched a tissue at all times, as did everyone in the chemo room.

Do you know how hard it is to cut your food while dabbing your eyes incessantly? But that freight train of a drug did help save my life, so we have a love/hate relationship I guess...
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote