View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 05:36 AM   #1
chekmark

Just received some very sad news.

Shortly after I was diagnosised I went on a cancer walk. All kinds of cancer. I was still emotionally a wreck but I thought I needed to do this. I met a very inspirational lady named Cheryl, she had just reached her 2 year anniversary and was just a ray of sunshine. She was not her2 by the way but a breast cancer survivor. It was like god sent her directly over to me cuz he knew I was weak that day and I walked that walk feeling like a new person and thought that I will not let this cancer stop me. Well Cheryl passed away last night and I just needed to share it with people who understand. Stupid cancer. I am so sad but god has a special angel and I am so happy that I got the pleasure to meet such a wonderful person. When I was told her cancer was back I knew that she would beat it but her blood counts were too low to receive additional chemo.

My prayers go out to her family. She just became a grand mother last week. She was 52. Lets all prayer that they find a cure for this horrible disease soon!
DX Sept 30 2010 at the age of 49. Oh crap! 1.5 cm idc, stage 1 grade 3 er/pr+, her2+ no lymph nodes, mastectomy Oct/10. Started 6 rounds of TCH Dec/10 and will continue herceptin until Nov /11 and just started femara.
Stray kitten found my lump while I was playing with it. It is now my pet and my dog is not real happy about that.
Mammo good
last herceptin 11/21/11 YAY
reconstruction 12/09/11
Chapter closed 12/10/11, hopefully, fingers crossed
Bone scan, chest xray, clear
04/27/12 Expander removed, implant put in, ahh sigh of relief, much more comfortable
Sept 30, 2014, 4 years NED
chekmark is offline   Reply With Quote