View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 09:50 PM   #1
Barb

Stopping Herceptin

Jan 2001. Bilateral mastectomy (BC in both breasts); 11/18 Ax Lymph RHS + 8 Ax Lymph LHS; portacath in situ. Chemo + Rad then Arimidex on completion. In remission until:
Aug 2003. Mets to bone in spine and pelvic, HER2+. Taxotere, Zometa, Herceptin treatment. Now stabilized.
I've been on Herceptin over 3 years now and because my scans and tumour markers have been stabilized for 2years, I'm being asked if I had considered coming off it - possibly to 'wait and see'! Presently my family is saying no but after further scans that still say that all is stable, I am now considering my oncologist's suggestion.
Is there anyone else in a similar situation? As yet in Australia, I don't know of anyone or anywhere else for that matter!
We visited UK in 2004 and I took my Herceptin with me. I was asked how long did I think I needed to continue with Herceptin, perhaps they thought I might know something they didn't!
I know if I did agree, I would like to be monitored very closely, but I would value others' opinions.
Barb
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote