View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 04:17 AM   #1
Paula O

Grapefruit a no-no with ER/PR positive Ca?

I knew about soy and topical lavender having hormonal influence and that it is to be avoided with ER/PR positive cancer. Lately I came across two articles on breast cancer that said grapefruit is also to be avoided. If it truely has significant impact I want to skip grapefruit but if it's a meaningless drop in the bucket I'll keep eating our beautiful Florida grapefruit.

Is there a list floating around here on foods/products that ***truely are meaningful to avoid when fighting breast cancer?****

I have heard many times that sugar feeds cancer but I haven't heard it in conventional medicine circles and it's sure on the menu at the hospital. I know someone fighting cancer who restricts their fruit intake to low sugar fruit like lemons, etc. I eat a LOTof low glycemic fruit with plenty of fructose in my diet but avoid processed sugar for health reasons and weight control. I wonder if it matters or not in the sceme of things. I dont want to be paranoid or unneccessary restrict my diet but do want to be wise. What do you guys think? What kinds of changes have you made in diet since learning you have cancer?

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote