View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #7
Lien

Re: struggling along

Dear Pibikay

Thank you for your update. It must be so hard for you. Watching the woman you love suffer and feeling unable to ease her suffering. I am sure, though, that she would have a much harder time if you weren't there. Do not underestimate what difference your love and devotion are making every minute she is awake. The fact that you are there for her, helping her, talking to her, makes all the difference in the world.

I agree with the others that you need to take care of yourself. You cannot help her if you don't look after yourself. Take a break, ask for help, go for a walk. You need time to charge your battery so you can be there for her.

What you are doing is not futile. It is helping her to make her transition with much less fear and suffering. I can only hope that when my time comes, someone will do for me what you have been doing and are doing for Hema.

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote