View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 05:11 PM   #3
KellyA

I would not wait six months, but please do remember that I am hardly patient or relaxed about these things. If it were me, I would ask for an MRI, but to be safe (especially with your previous history), would ask for a needle biopsy. I had two benign lumps in the past (about 7 years ago) and had both of them biopsied- and that was with no history. The fact is that the lump or area is most likely nothing- I don't think that they would want to wait six months if it looked "iffy", however, just for peace of mind, I would push for more.

I think you are completely justified to be a little upset with the way it was handled and completely understand.

Take a deep breath, try to relax and enjoy the next few days, and make up your mind to handle it the way YOU feel is best when Tues. comes around. You are completely justified in wanting more for your situation.

Love, Kelly
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote