View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #11
carykim

formerly premenopausal ER+ PR- checking in

Hi Janelle--

I've been lurking for months, and your post made me dig up my login/password because I remember well being exactly where you are a year ago.

I've read all those same reports that forecast the bleak prognosis of the ER+ PR- pathology. It's not a fun place to be when doctors don't agree and the research just isn't there yet.

Listen to Becky. Her advice is always sound. She was my beacon of hope when I first came to this site--she is doing great, further out from treatment than me. It's so hard to find that +-+ pathology!

As you can see from my sig (I hope it shows up under this post) that a year ago, the decision was made in my case to go with the ooph + AI. I was 35. I'm only 50% ER+ (my pathology report was vague like yours and I considered sending the slides for a 2nd read but didn't). I started Femara the day after my ooph/hyst and never looked back. I felt like I had to attack from every direction and at the time believed those estrogen receptors needed to be starved. Hearing that a year later the new thinking is that this might have been treatment overkill -- for some reason it doesn't affect me the way you'd think. I would have always been wondering if the Tamoxifen was working. In your case you have the metabolism test to ease your mind.

I wish I had the crystal ball. I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you, sending you clarity to decide on the right treatment for you.

xo
cary
9 nodes +
DD AC/T
Tried lumpectomy 2x Failed
Bilateral Mastectomy 3/07
Radiation 33x
Lupron + Tamoxifen for 3 months
Herceptin started 6/07
Ooph + Femara 7/07
Zometa
Neratinib Trial 1/10