Thread: muga trends
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 08:03 PM   #6
sassy

Maggie,

I have not asked my onc why he switched to muga from echo. I assumed it was because I was getting close to end of one year of treatment and he wanted accuracy of muga. I will ask him for sure next time.

I give this board credit for my being able to continue treatment into my second year. I have learned so much from everyone here. My onc respects the knowledge that I have gained and discusses everything with me to great lengths. I feel he is willing to continue because of my high risk and my understanding of my treatment and prognosis. This week we talked about the tykerb compassionate use and use of zometa for early stage women on AI's. He has told me for several months that approval for the Zometa is in the offing and I should be able to get it soon. My insurance has declined to pay since I do not have bone mets, but we both want me to get on it as soon as possible, both for bone loss (I am on Lupron and Arimidex) and the possibility of prevention of bone mets.

I am thankful to be NED and plan to stay that way thru faith, prayer and the miracle of medicine!

Sassy
________
HotSensation

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 08:51 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote