View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 10:21 PM   #39
Chelee

Re: Cancer is back...I just knew it.

Thank you all for the support because I really need it right now. I am doing this alone and its so hard. I'm feeling so over whelmed today I can't think straight. I know you guys are the only ones that really get "it"...no one else can.

Joan I am writing down every suggestion people give me. The Gamma knife & hyperthermia both Joe & Tonya brought up. I don't plan on missing anything this time around. The first time they played on my fears and won. I am so thankful for this Her2 board because without it I would be so alone. Right now I don't know what I feel...a combination of so many things. I always knew I could recur...but I honestly believed I was going to make it. Living in denial I guess.

I know I plan on going up to COH to see the onc Joe recommended if she is seeing new patients. She has an impressive backround...she also mentions she loves working with woman. I would like to get a total of 3 opinions if I can get it done quick enough. My onc told me Dr. Slamon is not seeing any patients anymore? I asked if she meant HMO patients? She said he is not seeing HMO or PPO? Hummm? Does anyone here know if that is true? (I really wanted to see him.)

Is there any place on the net that lists which cancer centers have the best outcomes for Her2 bc? I use to have a list of which centers treated what types of cancers and which ones had the better outcomes...I can't seem to find that. Anyone know? I'm on overload big time.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote