View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 01:18 PM   #8
Audrey

Hi Faith in Him, I just wanted to let you know that I had 11+ nodes (with a huge tumor) almost six years ago and am doing fine. I used to separate myself from all the success stories I heard, thinking "Well, she's doing okay, but she only had 4 positive nodes and I have 11!.." nothing could cheer me up. But slowly, time passed and I kept making it through another day without a recurrence. Also, I met my friend, Michele U., on this website, who had something like 32+ nodes and she's doing great 4 years after diagnosis. Meanwhile, my neighbor was diagnosed at Stage 1, er+/her2- with no node involvement and a great prognosis, and where is she today? You guessed it--Stage IV with mets to bones, liver and brain (still doing pretty well, though, on her treatment and successful gamma knife to brain mets). Someone once told me when I was feeling so panicked about recurrence to just relax and pretend I was in water, not struggling for breath but lying back and floating on faith-- it really works for me, hope it helps you, too.

diagnosed July 2001, at age 36
large tumor, 11+ nodes
Stage IIIb, er/pr-, Her2+
treated with A/C, weekly Taxol
radiation, + year of Herceptin
on clinical trial. double mastectomy
followed by reconstruction
NED!!
Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote