View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 03:08 PM   #1
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
News old or new -- i recently found out

I write to Michele (MISHKA) often over the last years. She is a sweetheart. But she found some suspicious nodes and was getting a tough therapy (trying to hold out for a new clinical trial due in Franc in 2018). Time ran out. This is a sad, sad note. She grew so weak, as she warned me, that she wasn't responding. Still I wrote to her, praying, hoping...

Her husband wrote backā€¦ (HE WROTE IN FRENCHAND I FIDDLED AND HAD GOOGLE TRANSLATE FOR ME, FOR US:

. In September she underwent brain radiotherapy
because of 2 or 3 metastases that began to become dangerous. Michele hoped to save time by hoping for a new clinical study planned in France in early 2018.
This radiotherapy was very toxic, and tiring. She could not communicate anymore. She could talk a bit and recognize me at the beginning of October.
And unfortunately, I had a serious cerebral accident and I was also hospitalized in September. It took me a long time to get to reuse the internet with the help of a son of Michele.
Which explains why I only answer today, and in addition I am aneanti by its disappearance. And I could not help him continue to fight his illness as I did for 10 years ...
And I think it's exhausted that she finally died ....

If you wish you can write to me: my internet address is: jean-pierre.brun@cegetel.net
Michele told me so much about this American group with which she exchanged so much and who was so useful to her in her fight.
Can you broadcast the sad news of his death?

Jean Pierre

MAY SHE REST IN PEACE.

With all my love to my Sisters... Andi

ALSO:
I am friends with Fern Gerard on Facebook. I noted I hadn't seen her post for a while. Finally I gathered the courage to go to her page.

Condolences all over.

Two ANGELS who are now painfree and happy, watching over us, and their beloved families. Two outstanding human beings who (only God knows why) went through the horror of breast cancer and chemo and did it with such grace and bravery I will remain in awe of each of them forever.

Blessings and prayers for you all my "family" ...
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote