View Single Post
Old 12-06-2003, 09:05 AM   #1
Carla

Hello everyone:
I need to talk about a few things, so thanks for listening. I got my report today and found out I have a 7 cm (!!) on my brain(and 4 smaller ones). I have been asking for an MRI of my head for at least 6 months. I am angry at myself and at my dr. I am angry at myself for not being more demanding and angry at the dr. for not listening to me really. He said that I had no neurological problems and didn't need one. In Oct., my tumor marker was 9 and he told me I was in remission. I had had headaches with each of the three vaccine infusions I received but they went away after about a week. My headaches started about 3 weeks ago and have gotten worse thus resulting in the CT scan I had on fri. I cannot believe that that tumor has appeared in the last 3 weeks. It's way too big. So anyway, I'm going to tell him how I feel and lay it on the table at our next appt. Also, though I haven't heard the final word, I imagine that I am now out of the clinical trial in seattle where I received the vaccine.
I believe that the vaccine has suppressed the cancer quite effectively in my body. So of course this sneaky disease lurked up into my brain b/c it had to have somewhere to go. That's what I think, anyway.
The little bit of good now. I clicked on the button for "more cyberknife," and thank God in heaven there is a hospital in Dallas that does the procedure (I live in Ft. Worth). I actually had tubes put in my tear ducts at that hospital last spring. I feel SO much better knowing about that. I have an appt on mon with a radiation dr. to develop a treatment plan. I hope that I can be effective in obtaining this cyberknife surgery. It sounds very encouraging.
Thank you all for the sweet messages of encouragement. I will keep everyone posted. Now that I know about these big places in my head, I don't feel so well. I felt fine except for headaches until yesterday. I started Decadron last night for the swelling around the sites. Does that make your stomach feel bad?
I cooked fried chicken today--I told my husband that if a gal can fry chicken all is right with the world--especially if you're a southern girl.
I have a friend on her way to my house to help me grade papers. I teach College Writing, and this is the end of the semester, so I have piles of essays and finals to grade and 5 metastatic brain lesions on top of it all (pun intended).
Thanks all for listening. My poor husband just can't hear all this. He's trying to absorb and cope as best he can. Hugs to all-
Carla