Thread: TMD1 is coming!
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #19
Nancy L

Re: TMD1 is coming!

I just went through weeks of screening for the Th3resa and got rejected today. The only active cancer they found during screening is the 3cm tumor in my right supraclavical area which I have been going through radiation for the past month due to intense pain. Turns out in the clinical trial setting, they must have active cancer that is measurable and it can't be in an area previously radiated. The clinical trial onc said I should wait and get a CT scan in November to understand the full effects of the radiation and then decide on a systemic drug--preferably T-DM1.

He also said T-DM1 is said to be available in Dec 2012. I think the oncs involved with the T-DM1 trials probably have inside information since it wll affect their business income.

This is my second recurrence. I took Tykerb/Herceptin for 3 1/2 yrs but based on how I have been feling for about a year, I think this combo stopped working a year ago. Dr Slamon advised me to get on a T-DM1 trial. I tried hard but no such luck for me.

Someone posted on this site that a SF onc said it would be available 9/15. Wouldn't that be nice.
Nancy L is offline   Reply With Quote