View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #59
phil

Re: Access to T DM-1

Hi Oregon :
All her2 + pts should be GREATLY encouraged by the development of Herceptin T DM-1. It is the best tx. for Her2 + since the invention of original Herceptin. Researchers have told me they think it will largely replace Herceptin over the next few yrs. Because it takes a chemo, t dm-1, directly to the cancer cells only , and blows them up ! There is no other drug like it in the world ! We just need to get This FDA to stop obstructing it ! They can't deny it forever ! ( another yr at most ).
My wife took herceptin for yrs, without s/e. Some pts have cardiac s/e. About 20% of her2 pts respond well tojust herceptin alone. The other 80 % need chemo. Herceptin T DM-1 attaches a chemo directly to herceptin, much more powerful than other chemos. It does affect platelets in about 30 % of pts, but that issue will improve when its approved, w/ more flexible dosing.
As far as knowing if herc. is working : do your regular follow-up w/ scans , tumor marker tests. And you know your body best , any symptoms , tell your doc you want a check-up. Any other ? , let me know.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote