View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 04:48 AM   #4
Ais4Abbott

Re: Neuropathy prevention

Dr. Donald Abrams and Dr. Manuel Guzman (Spain) authored Cannabis in Cancer Care published in CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY & THERAPEUTICS, Volume 97 Number 6 on June 2015. Dr. Donald Abrams (Chief of Oncology and Hematology at San Francisco General Hospital) and well known for his Vimeo and YouTube videos in explaining how cannabis can kill cancer, still writes in his article - Despite these impressive in vitro and animal model findings regarding the potential antitumor effects of cannabinoids, there is still no solid basis for ongoing claims by proponents of highly concentrated cannabis extracts or oils that these preparations can “cure cancer.”
Neuropathic pain is a troubling symptom in cancer patients, especially those treated with platinum-based chemotherapy or taxanes.
In an animal model of paclitaxel-induced neuropathic pain, chronic administration of the nonpsychoactive cannabinoid CBD prevented the onset of chemotherapy-induced neurotoxicity in mice. The investigators suggested that adjunct treatment with CBD during taxane chemotherapy may be safe and effective in the prevention or attenuation of chemotherapy-induced neuropathic pain, although human studies are certainly required. - End of quotes
Note: I recently heard that human studies (of some sort of cannabis concurrent with chemotherapy) started in the USA within the past month.
Mastectomy
Tram Flap - 1) wish I could delete that.
2)Interested if anyone did this, and then got implants. 3)Ruined stomach muscle. (Appreciate info about fixing this).
Recommend New Orleans instead of MD Anderson for all surgery.
12/17/2010 TCH 6x/3wks Herceptin 3/wks til 11/17/11.
12/23/2010 Lost Hair - 10/5/2011 Wig free - 4/14/2013 Long Hair again.
Severe nail detachment-(Past) 10/2011 - toenails still trying to grow back. 4/14/2013 - Normal toenails & fingernails.
Severe neuropathy (upper thighs/upper arms) - taser sensation - (in the past), light touch finger or toes = burning. Sock free (still). Can bend knees and ankles, now. Dr. stopped Docetaxel after 5th, due to possible permanent nerve damage. (now in hands/fingers, feet/toes - pain, interested in help). 4/14/2013 - Neuropathy much less. Nerve damage is permanent in fingers & toes, hands & feet. Toekini ($10) from CVS pharmacy works great for my CIPN - feet at night. Nothing can touch my toes without burning me. I can not braid hair - fingertips do not work right.
Severe constipation - (made worse by drinking small swallow of water with Senecot instead of a full glass of water - caused concrete type blockage of bowels - drink lots of water with it!)-(Past)
Severe Reflux - (great medicine available for this) - Carafate (past)
4/14/2013 Much happier now. Smiling a lot. Started working in the yard again, but must wear toeless sandals. Blessed. Best wishes & Blessings to you all. Has anyone had success with Rick Simpson Oil in curing HER2? Very interested in hearing details. I live in Texas and do not know anyone that has tried it. We can not use it here.
Ais4Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote