View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 05:07 PM   #7
sisterofher2+

Re: What about non-orthodox "cures"? Have you tried?

Lucy, by productive coughing I mean not the dry type of cough, but the one with mucous discharge. She takes her tamoxifen pill in the morning and then all the side effects appear right away. They wear off by the evening.

She was done with herceptin a long time ago. Possibly a 6-8 months ago if I'm not mistaken.

The anxiety is definitely related to the fact that she fears another cancer diagnosis, however I've known her as a very brave and a fearless young woman all my life, and when I hear her telling me how scared she is about this or that several times a day, it makes me wonder whether it is the drug that is making her way too anxious and restless.

I have been reading about the B12 vitamin. There is no toxicity associated with its "high levels", on the contrary, it is of the protective effect to the healthy cells. Just like C-Vit, D-Vit, B17, E-vit. Vegans should be taking a supplemental B12 vitamin. I suppose that there's enough B12 in a multi vitamin complex just in order to cover the daily minimum.

The flax seed oil is a great natural source of omega-3 fatty acids for vegans. The Budwig cancer treatment protocol is based on the flax seed oil and cottage cheese. I've read a book by Chris Woollams called "Oestrogen. The killer in our midst". He mentions phytoestrogens (flax seed is a phytoestrogen), that if taken daily will sit on the receptors of the cells instead of the dangerous types of estrogen (oestradiol), thus not letting the estrogen become dangerous to the body.

Thank you, thinkpositive, for your reply. My sis does not believe in anything that is unorthodox. She wants to believe, she does, but there are so many fears and doubts in her. She primarily believes every word her doc says and if he tells her that she should excersise every day - she does that. She asked the doc about the apricot seeds (after reading about them on a cancer related forum) and dropped off the idea of trying them because her doc did not approve.

Every now and then one can see articles in the newspapers/testimonials from people who refused chemo, radiation and in some cases even surgery and managed to rid off cancer by using other treatments. My sis believes that it may be true, but is unsure whether these kinds of treatments would cure "her" cancer (the agressive her2 positive type) if it decided to form a tumour again or spread all over.

We now know why she may have got cancer on the first place: oral contraceptives (prolonged use) since early teens, diet with junk/processed foods, loads of sugar, too little or no excersise.

By the way, ladies, have any of you been visiting the cancertutor.com website? Any thoughts on the treatment protocols described there? I tried to make my sis begin studying the site, but she hasn't shown any interest yet. She does however eat healthier now. No more added sugar in her diet, lots of veggies and fruit, she excersises every day now and takes yoga classes.
sisterofher2+ is offline   Reply With Quote