View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #256
madubois63

RB - I've mentioned that I am working on helping heal my best friends lymphadema and also have been working very hard on fixing my iron over load in my liver. I grew eating the Mediterranean diet , as both my parents are from Greece. I never had a tv dinner or frozen food until I lived on my own in my 20's. Fast food was unheard of in my household. We only had "spaceburgers" or Jack in the Box the night we decorated the Christmas tree and Chinese in the restaurant on New Years. We fished and clammed all summer and ate our fish in the winter, grew our own veggies and picked our own fruit off the apple. cherry, pear, peach plum and quince trees (native to the Island of Create and my back yard). My mom cooked dandelion, and lentil soups from scratch. The only soup I ever ate from a can was tomato and everything was cooked in olive oil.

I have strayed over the years from a clean diet and paid the price. I have from time to time went back to the old ways, but have strayed many times over. Since becoming sick I have added supplements and herbs to my Mediterranean diet. This time around (the last 2 -3 months) I have really payed attention to everything going in to my body and when (because of my sugar level). The omega's are really important as are the anti-inflammatory herbs and spices. I have scanned your information because I can't always get my head in to reading and retaining information, but I will read it again. Thanks for all the information. This diet has really helped me get my liver functions under control and reducing the iron in my blood.
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver