View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 09:36 AM   #226
Mgarr

R.B. I would be happy to share what I have been doing. I started this not only because of breast cancer but the inflammatory arthritis I was diagnosed with 6 months after the end of my treatment.

I read what I could digest on Omega 3/6 (I'm right brained so it takes me some time) anyway, continued researching and came across a book called Too Young to Feel Old by rheumatologist, Richard Blau. Much of the book reiterated what has been discussed on this thread.

There is a section with a "28 day super menu" that is high in Omega 3 & low in 6, the ratio is below 5. I already ate many of the foods but as I kept reading I realized I did not know how to attain the proper ratio of fats.

Every day I take Carlson fish oil, flax oil or flax meal. Cook w/ walnut oil. Alot of anti-inflammatory foods & spices they include, almonds & walnuts, seafoods, lean organic meats, brown rice (lots of that, I miss my potatoes or "baked jacket") ginger, tumeric, cinnamon, garlic, onions, variety of fruits & veggies that have anti inflammatory properties.

Diagnosed 11/04 @39yrs. young
Stage IIB
2.5 cm, ER/PR- Her+++, grade 3
Partial Mast., 1/3 pos. node
1/05 full node dissection
4 A/C 4 Taxol DD, Herceptin 1 yr.
30X rads.
BRCA Negative
NED

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,