View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
jml

Bile duct obstruction/ elevated liver enzymes, anyone?

Hi Friends~
Just firing off this quick question while I wait for a cab to take me to the airport to head back to Atlanta.
I've been traveling to Nashville for a PI3Kinase+Herceptin study, after being on TDM1 x 6 months, and then getting booted off for (questionable) progression in lungs.

I've made it through the first 2 cycles/8weeks of weekly visits, had my 1st scans 3 weeks ago that showed everything stable and specifically "unchanged several subcentimeter left hepatic lobe hypodensities."
So this is my 1st return visit since those scans.
I was scheduled to get my Herceptin, and continue on with the 2pills/day of the study drug, but my liver enzymes have come back extremely elevated.
ALT - 409 (previously 39)
AST - 535 (previously 63)
Alkaline Phosphotase - 542 (previously 312)
Billirubin, Total - 1.4 (previously 0.9)

Because it's so abrupt and so high, they're holding all treatment. I'm going to have a liver US asap to determine if a bile duct is obstructed.

I am of course hoping for a simple explanation & a quick fix, but I'm terrified that something else is going on again. It's really hard not to freak out & let my mind snowball into getting kicked off this 2nd trial, and I only have Halaven left, since I've done everything else...

Oh and also, I had a R hepatectomy in December 2005, but have never had issues with elevated liver enzymes until today.

Thanks so much in advance for any words of wisdom and encouragement you can offer.

Keep the Faith~

Jessica
jml is offline   Reply With Quote