View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #18
Debbie L.

so - did you get need neulasta/neupogen and did you recur?

I did chemo way back in 2001. A/C x 4, then Taxol x 4, every three weeks. My white counts (but not red) tanked immediately - my onc called me the neupogen queen (there was not neulasta then). He told me that some thought that this WBC wimpiness could mean that the cancer cells in my body were equally susceptible (as the bone marrow cells) to the chemo. At the time, I thought that he was just saying, that to encourage me. He is a nice man. But here I am, 8 years later, still NED. I did not expect to be here, frankly.

So my question -- for those who did not get dose-dense chemo: did you need neupogen/neulasta? How much? How long ago were you treated, and did you recur?

Totally unscientific, anecdotal survey.

Debbie Laxague
HER2neu positive by IHC and FISH (8.89).
Lymphovascular invasion, grade 3, 8/9 modified SBR.
TX: Control of arm of NSABP's B-31 adjuvant Herceptin trial (no Herceptin, inducing a severe case of Herceptin-envy): A/C x 4 and Taxol x 4 q3weeks, then rads. Raging infection of entire chest after small revision of mastectomy scar after completing tx (significance unknown). Arimidex for two years, stopped after second pathology opinion.
2017: Mild and manageable lymphedema and some cognitive issues.
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote