View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 08:27 AM   #8
snolan

Re: Anyone taking/taken Taxotere and Carboplatin with Herceptin???

I did the TCH protocol, overall I had minimal side effects, my hair fell out at 2 weeks, my nails on my hands fell off, but not my toes. Some nausea, a lot of fatigue usually the first week and then you start to recover just in time for your next treatment. The Nuelsta shots to raise your WBC (don't know if I spelled that right) did bother me the first two times, a lot of bone pain but as I went on it didn't bother me. Herceptin only gave me a runny nose, it didn't effect my heart. I still exercised during my treatments but at a much lower intensity. I tried to keep my life and routines as normal as I could, but rested as needed and appreciated any help with cooking and cleaning that friends and family offered. All food tasted bad, I always had a metallic taste in my mouth.

When I look back on the whole experience I realize I was lucky that I made it through fairly easily as compared to others but it isn't a easy ride at all for anyone. You will find your way through that best fits you.

Good luck
Tamox.
25 radiation tx
Removal of expander on L due to infection. Tried to save it had 3 bouts of antibiotics and went to see plastic surgeon 2-3x wk to get drained. Saving it was my idea not his. But lost it anyway.
Reconstruction set for December 21st,2011
Finished chemo 12/2010
Finished Herceptin 8/26/11
Reconstruction 12/21/11
Expanders exchanged for silicon 3/19/12
Nipple reconstruction 5/18/12
Nipple tatooing- 7/9/12- All done yay!
11/22/12-Went back to get scar tissue stretched to even the outside of breast, didn't work due to it being radiated skin.
snolan is offline   Reply With Quote