View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #6
KsGal

Re: Stage v- a hard to swallow fact

Im so sorry that was presented to you like that. You are still the same person in the same condition with the same reasons for optimism that you were before the surgeon chose to put those words out there. So try not to hear those words in the back of your mind. I have been stage IV basically from diagnosis, and outside of the time I did the actual chemotherapy for my liver, my life has been normal. My family life with my children and everything seemed to kind of gravitate back to baseline. Now we are just living with a chronic condition, and have to do all we can to take care of ourselves. Lots of hugs and prayers and positive energy your way...I know you don't want to stress or depress your family by sharing with them, but remember that you can't always be the strong one carrying everyone else. They love you and want to be there for you too.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote