View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 02:18 PM   #14
Margaret

Hi Lisa,

Thanks so much for stimulating such inspiring words from so many people. I really appreciate all the wisdom. I just wanted to add my experience. Since being diagnosed four years ago, I learned how to 'stop and smell the roses' so to speak. I remember how I was living my life before cancer without 'really' feeling, seeing, smelling, hearing..... I was just busy 'doing' life the way I thought I was supposed to 'do' it. I was being a 'good' wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend........but I really lost who I was.

I am now grateful that I really can 'see' the flowers and 'hear' the birds! I'm grateful for every new day I'm given and I try to make the most of every breath. I don't know (no one knows) when I won't be given another breath, so I'm now determined to make the absolute most of every breath I'm given. I also know that some people can live for 'a hundred years' and never truly live a day, and other people can live 'a hundred years' in every day! I plan to 'expand' every moment I can with laughter and joy.

Thanks again for this great website!

Margaret