View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
Cam

Re: Any Arm Port Info?

I have a port in my chest. My doctor placed it so if I wear a tank top it doesn't show. It sticks out but I think its more noticable to us because we know its there. Mine looks like a flat raised button. I've had mine since January this year and hope to have it removed when my doctor does the surgery to transfer expanders to silicone. It is much easier with the port for sure. I have 5 more Hercetins to go but my plastic surgeon thinks I will have the surgery by fall so I might have to go back to using my veins which looks much better now. I use a stress ball to try to make my veins healthy again. Good Luck!!

6/00 DCIS left breast - lumpectectomy
LCIS both breasts
Evista 2001 thru 8/2010
8/10 diagnoised w/ Stage 1 invasive carinoma right breast
10/14/10 skin/nipple sparing double mastectomy with reconstruction
right breast - no carcinoma identified 3 axillary sentinal lymph nodes - no carcinoma in 2 right axillary sentinal lymph nodes
left breast LCIS no invasive carcinoma
ER/PR + HER2+ (HER2 gene found in a lymph node)
12/29/10 thru 3/18/11 - 12 weeks of Taxol/Herceptin - March 25th started 3 week Herceptin only treatment.
Right expander had to be removed before chemo due to infection. Replaced in June 2011. I had surgery on the 17th of November, replaced expanders with silicone implants and had my port removed.
Last Herceptin 12/2/11 YEA!!!
4/22/11 started Arimidex
6/15/11 started Boniva
Feb. 2012 started Wellbutrin for depression.
3/26/12 Surgery to try to fix reconstruction.
8/30/12 revision reconstruction surgery.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote