View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #16
Unregistered

Re: T-DM1/pertuzumab

Dear Chrisy: again thank you for your replies to me.I absolutely agree with you that T-DM1 should be coupled with maybe TYKERB [in order to breach the brain blood barrier] or, I think with NERATINIB.
No, I have not been NED; on T-DM1 my skin mets have completely gone, my bone mets, are almost there, as well as all my lymph nodes mets had almost all clearde up, and my 27/29 tumor markers at 27. Yes PERTUZUMAB WAS PUSHED ON ME. Subject to a recent bone scan The Study Dr. insisted his reading of the bone scan showed progression. I had it looked at by outside oncologyst and a radiologist [I did not want to go on PERTUZUMAB], whom stated there was no progression, just healing. The study Dr., insisted that his decision was final, and that I had to take PERTUZUMAB or get out of the study.
Just today it was further confirmed by another local authority in radiology that there was no progression just bone healing. I so desperatewly wanted to stay on T-DM1 only! My mind kept going back to what happened to Vickyh and Irene from Tampa!...I have not done well since the addition of PERTUZUMAB to T-DM1. i am thinking of putting myself in the hands of M.D. Anderson at this point. Again thank you. I just needed to further explain myself to you just once more since you have been so kind to answer my inquiries.My deepest congratulation on your success with T-DM1. It is a great drug. Angela