View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 07:12 AM   #8
daywalker

I am really stressing over this!

Hi friends,
Previous mammograms showed fibrocystic breast. Did ultrasounds, nothing found. Had implants 6 years ago and removed cysts. Last month mammogram showed microcalcifications, so add’l views were done: Persistent small minimally pleomorphic cluster of microcalcifications w/in outer right periareolar region regarded w/ low degree of suspicion for malignancy. Calcifications vary slightly in shape and density and are tightly clustered over an approx 3 to 4 mm area.
Biopsy findings: Right breast tissue, outer quadrant, core needle biopsies: Rare calcifications associated w/benign breast tissue including fibrocystic change (duct estasia, apocrine metaplasia, and stromal fibrosis, usual and florid ductal hyperplasia). Marker was put in for future. Was told by nurse that nothing malignant, but doctor is referring me to breast oncology doctor for second opinion. What does the pathology report mean? Also, never had bruising, swelling or pain after biopsy, but 2 weeks later, I am having a burning sensation (like my clothes rubbing on it burns), slight redness and pain on nipple and also an indention near the biopsy site and below it. Please advise what could be causing this. Is it possibly the clip/marker? I am really stressing over this.