View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
IrvineFriend

Did you lose or gain weight while on chemo?

I'll be starting my chemo (TCH) as soon as my last drain is out and healed. I've gained a lot of weight since my diagnosis and surgery as I was an avid jogger/runner/hiker beforehand. When I found out I was going to have the bilateral, and wouldn't be able to run my 1/2 marathon I was training for in February, I just gave up and didn't give a rip about much (depression, too much wine after work, etc). I can't even fit into my clothes anymore and I'm wearing yoga pants to work now!

I've really been cutting back and watching my intake since Paula's email (thank you for that great reminder and every new post keeps it going) and wondering what your experience was in terms of weight loss or gain during chemo. Maybe I shouldn't be trying to lose so much weight right now if I'm going to lose some anyway?

I've never been a big eater and lean towards healthy anyway, and when I don't feel good, I generally lose my appetite big time. But I don't want to use chemo as a time to starve myself either.

Diagnosed with DCIS Oct. 2012

Bilateral Dec. 19, 2012
IDC, ER/PR-, Her2+++, Grade 3
Stage IIIa
15.6 cm
4/14 nodes + macrometastases
First thing each morning, I try on my bathing suit. Then, nothing worse can happen the rest of the day.
IrvineFriend is offline   Reply With Quote