View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
jacqueline1102

Re: Survey: Have you consumed Aspartame Sweetener?

Hello Bob,

I have not heard any research about aspartame. I work with physicians also and have not heard that. When pulling the research the factors for breast cancer, which we can't control are being female, getting older, dense breasts, family history of breast cancer, women who start their period before 12, exposure to radiation for treatment of another cancer and the BRCA gene. Other factors, which we can control, recent oral contraception use (and I think more long term use), being overweight or obese, alcohol use, and physical inactivity. Having never had children or having your children after 30 poses a slight risk. There have been studies from the University of Chicago that are pointing to stress as being a variable which shows changes in DNA/RNA of mice. That was an interesting study. A recent study also discussed sleep disturbances associated with breast cancer risk. All this is very complex, indeed. Some people will say we don't know what causes it for sure. You may wish to look at the American Cancer Society about facts and such. I am so sorry that your family is suffering with this.

Jackie
5/12-7/12 33 Radiation treatments
8/1/12 Started Perjeta along with the Herceptin
10/12 Scans said NED for first time
5/15 UWSeattle Vaccine Trial 3 months
12/16 Scans still show NED. Herceptin and Perjeta continue indef.
8/17 Taken off Perjeta;staying on Herceptin. Still NEAD.
3/18 Still NEAD
8/19 Now on Subcutaneous Herceptin
10/21 Remain on Subcutaneous Herceptin (Hylecta)
11/21 CT showed possible lung mets. Was told to wait and see until scan
1/22 CT shows continued growth
03/22 Lung Biopsy said sample was too small but nodules keep growing and IR is convinced that it is indeed cancer
04/22 Oncologist referred for consult for a transbronchial biopsy. This does not sound pleasant
jacqueline1102 is offline   Reply With Quote