View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 06:11 AM   #17
Lien

Eric, that's such devastating news. I am so sorry. And I'm crossing all my fingers and toes, hoping that some kind of therapy can be found that will by her more time.

I do think Debbie L. has a point, though. These weeks are so precious. When my Mom was dying of cancer of the esophagus, almost 10 years ago, I got to spend the last week with her. She told me she felt very lonely, because my father couldn't accept that she was dying. She told me she needed for us to let her go. She felt it was her time.

So even if you do everything you can to find another treatment, please don't forget to ask her what she needs from you. Don't forget to let the children spend time with her, giving them and her a chance to accept what's going on. And give each of your children enough space to deal with this in their own way.

I am so grateful to you for finding the time to let us know. We want to be there for all of you.

Sending hugs & healing energy all the way from the Netherlands, Europe.

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote