View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 08:26 PM   #18
DonnaD

LittleLegos,
First good luck to you. Doesn't it feel good to have the second infusion done. I first had A/C every three weeks x 4. Hair started coming out 14 days later. I used hats and had really thin bangs combed from the back to the front. I will never make fun of another man with a comb over again. My blood levels dropped and I needed nuelasta. Not sure if it was A/C, Nuelasta or the combination but the hair on my head all disappeared . I started Taxol and Herceptin every 3 weeks x 4 in Jan. I lost most of my eyebrows, eyelashes and all other hair on my body, but not on my head. I have thin peach fuzz which is growing very slowly and it is white.

I did get into intestinal issues on my third round of Taxol and Herceptin. If you get into similar problems don't try and brave it out. Talk to your onc or primary.

The wig you picked out sounds very nice. I got one close to my hair color and did it short. Then when my hair is back I can ditch the wig ASAP. My husbands insurance did cover the wig (we had met our deductable).
Lumpectomy 8/30/06
Stage llA, grade 3, ER/PR-, Her2++
1.7 cm tumor, 1+ lymph node out of 9
Completed 4 A/C, & 4 Taxol with Herceptin
36 rads completed 5/16/07
Mammograms, 7/07 clear
fractured ribs in radiated area 10/07
Finished Herceptin 12/27/07
Mammogram,CT,tumor markers 1/08 - small lung nodules in radiated area, repeated tests 3/08 stable
Mammogram,CT ,tumor markers 6/08 stable
NED 2 years!!
3 years !!!
4years!!!!
4 years, 10 months and 8 day NED, calling it 5 years!!!
Official 5 years 8/30/2011
8/31/ 2012 - 6 years!!!!!!
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote