View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #13
Chelee

Re: madubois(Mary Ann) Is An Angel Now

Oh gosh no, not our dearest Maryann. I really can't take much more...my heart is broken and I can't hardly type thur the tears. Far too many losses at one time...so many wonderful women being taken. Maryann was such a true warrier and fighter--nothing stopped her from doing what she wanted too--not even this misrable disease...even though it tried. It would knock her down and she would get right back up and dust her self off and keep on going! Maryann would come on here to update us on one of her latest challeges--and knowing full well how difficult it HAD to be for her she did it with such humor and made us laugh while reading her every word. Then to tell others that have had to travel this journey, "Not to worry...it's just another episode--your will get thru this. So upbeat and full of encouragment all the time. Truly one very amazing lady that I admire so much and will never forget.

So many inspriational woman we have, and had on this board--but Maryann was one at the very top of my list. She was one tough cookie and proved to so many that as hard as it is at times...you can fight this beast and still live. One of the most determined women I have every known & will miss her so much. I'm just sick over this. My deepest condolences go out to her family and friends.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote