View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #67
Sandra in GA

Re: Neratinib Clinical Trial

Savta,
I found that I could eat lean meats OK. The toast, bananas, applesouce, etc. sound like most of my other diet. I did find a "low fiber" diet that also included canned fruits, green beans, and asparagus. I just googled "low fiber diet" and read some of the sources. That helped me a lot. I really had problems if I tried to eat raw veggies, fruits, milk products and whole grain breads. (All of that stuff we normally eat for a healthy diet.) After I completed the year of lapatinib in Nov., I have been catching up on all the things I missed. I also ate more red meat than I usually do because my HGB was so low due to the Taxol and AC. As long as I ate it broiled I did not have problems. My husband said I became "meat and potatoes" girl. I hope this will help you.
Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote