View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 04:58 PM   #52
vickie h

I Have been on Herceptin since Feb 04, since my initial diag. of her 2 III+, ER- PR-, 7 cm. left breast MRM July 04, Taxotere, carbo, taxol, now Navelbine all with herceptin. July 05 to July 06 no chemo, only Avastin and Herceptin (both hard on the heart). PET scan July 06 shows cancer now in nodes at paratracheal region, neck, and right hilar region. No mets to anywhere else. I am 4 months away from the 3 year mark. I think that none of these "stats" take into account lifestyle changes, stress factors, just plain different physiology from one person to the next. My Onc seems to believe that none of us is ever "cancer free". That it stays at manageable levels so tiny that we are not "cured" but stable. And I can live with that. It makes me take alot more responsibility for the way I live, love, pray, and the kindness I show those around me. I am grateful to be alive today, after being given such a poor prognosis at the beginning.
It would be wonderful to survive to 5 years and I will strive for that and even more, but I am taking each day at a time, filling my heart with compassion and love and listening to the songs around me. Thank you for all the support I have gleaned from each of you beautiful souls. We are all sisters within and I thank God for meeting each and everyone of you this way. Have a great Sunday and step outside and look at the moon tonight, it is shining down on us all. Much love, Vickie H
vickie h is offline   Reply With Quote