View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 06:12 AM   #44
Becky

I think those that fall into any relapse rate may have other highly positive receptors that have not been discovered or aren't tested for yet (such as Her1 and 3). These, along with the p53 status and other things cause recurrence. Then, if you remember other threads, cancers can mutate over time (someone on the board did say that life finds a way - even life we want to die forever). So, my overall opinion is to do what you can do and that includes incorporating the findings of studies on lifestyle changes. Walking 3-5 hours per week has been shown to reduce the chance of recurrence by up to 41% (that's almost as good as Herceptin). Following a good diet, especially a low fat one (and watching what kind of fat you eat - balancing those Omega 3s and 6s) also shows a benefit of lowering recurrence risk by 21%. These things cannot be ignored - especially the walking which almost anyone can do.

It is futile to continue to worry that you (or I) will be the one who recurs. Most won't, a few will. I pray it won't be any of us (and like all of you, I am hoping it won't be me). Nonetheless, we should all go out and live a happy life because regardless, we are all working very hard to live and what's the point if it isn't happy and is rife with worry. Then all this would truly be pointless and we don't want that.

Smile all day

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote