View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 05:13 PM   #11
ita

I find it interesting how some on other boards tore her apart for say she was 100% cancer free. We have to remember that she is a celebrity and she chose to reveal the bilat mast. Something she did not have to do. Would it have gotten out because of all the media around Hollywood? Probably. But she did it in her own terms and her own time.

I have to agree with Jackie7, although she has dealt with cancer because of her mother and was vigilant in her screenings, she has been hit with a bomb. The first thing most of us do think positive. God knows I'm not saying that thinking positive is wrong. I live in a world looking at life through rosed-colored glasses.

Deep down we all fear the beast will return. We all fear that something may have been missed. Why should she put all that info out to the world? Just because she didn't talk about her fears it does not mean she doesn't have them. Doesn't she deserve some time to digest everything that she has to deal with for the rest of her life?

Kcherub,

I think the answer to your question about her knowledge of her continued risk is "all of the above." Like I said before, she still needs time to digest the curve ball we've all had to deal with.

But, for this woman to start immediately to want to help others is to be commended.

In my book, she'll create a path for others to find the help they need.
ita is offline   Reply With Quote