View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #18
penelope

Jean

Hi Jean,
I am in a similar situation to yours. I have a 7mm er/pr- her2+ ductal tumor and it was recommended by 3 oncs that I have chemo. I took 3 AC and now am on herceptin for 1 year. I also chose to have bilateral mastectomies due to being the third generation in row. 6mm is not a whole lot different from 7mm so I can't imagine why they are saying no to you. Maybe it was my age that indicated that I needed chemo I was 35 at the time and very healthy. Sounds odd to say that now since they say I have a deadly disease but I never even got the flu. What is your age? I was told that the most concerning features of my situation were my age, er- and her2+ and therefor they would recommend that I took chemo but at the time did not recommend herceptin. I pushed for that. Given the tumor size I was boarderline for chemo. My chances of never getting it back with surgery alone would have been 80%. My decision was swayed to take chemo once I talked to Sheila. She had identical stats and advised me to take treatment when I first came on the board.

Incidently... you said that you are very worried about reccurance. My treatment has not helped me in this area. I am still just as afraid but it did give me something active to do about it.

Sorry for the book.....hope the info helps.

penelope is offline   Reply With Quote