View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
mamacze

Re: Mamace (Kim) how are you?

Hi Girls!
Thank you for the wake up call - I must get back on this site and get caught up with my "sisters".
And Karen, thank you for your phone call today! I loved hearing a voice from the Her2 boards and more importantly it was just plain great to hear how well you did on your last clinical trial.
I have to update my signature - and I would tonight except my 17 year old is pacing around the kitchen waiting for his turn on the computer....so....in short....
I went off Herceptin June 2011 (it was WONDERFUL...energy....joy...like a big push through the air on a swing!)..... the swing came back to the ground when February scans showed recurrence of 1 tumor in my lungs. Just one small one - so back on Herceptin I went. May scans showed the same 1 tumor; no bigger no smaller. Staying on Herceptin. Will keep you all posted on August scans. I am totally NONresponsive to ALL tumor markers - so it will have to be scans that mark any changes.
Karen - the article I told you about is here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3251862/

A small bucket of hope - it is a full discussion of options beyond Herceptin - Novel therapeutic strategies in Her 2 positive metastatic breast cancer.

It puts all our options out there and may be helpful as you analyze available clinical trials.

Ellie, how are you doing now? What is your status? I don't see a signature and unfortunately, my window for being on line tonight is rapidly closing!!!
Please keep me posted on your doings and status.
Love and Hugs,
Kim from CT
ps Karen! watch your PM's, If I have 5 minutes tomorrow, I will jot off a message and maybe we can connect in NYC for a lunch?

2004 - Stage 4, mets to 4 lobes of lungs and liver, lumpectomy, er/pr -, her2 neu+++, Herceptin and Navelbine then Herceptin only.

2005 - Breast Ca vaccinations with the Tumor Vaccine Group in Seattle

2011 - Still Herceptin only and NED

2011, June - STOPPED Herceptin and kicked up my heels!

2012, February - 1 small tumor came back to haunt me in my lungs - back on Herceptin only, tumor stable.

2015, November - tumor on lungs removed (Segmentectomy), back on Herceptin only
Received U of W vaccine clinical "booster" Vaccine

2022 On Herceptin and NED continues - WOOT WOOT!
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote