View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #17
Danielle

Re: Christine our Founder needs Cards & Prayers

Ellie, when her general hospital physician had initially looked at the MRI, he thought the scar tissue she had had in her cerebellum had gotten larger with a fair amount of new edema surrounding it, so his initial instinct was to get her on Decadron for the swelling. But once she was visited by her neurologist and radiation oncologist the next morning, they both seemed to feel that the scar tissue was actually SMALLER than it had been and that keeping her on steroids wasn't necessary at all. So she was only on Decadron for about two days and was taken off of it immediately afterward.

Right now their only care plan is getting her motor skills and general sense of balance improved in the nursing skills facility and seeing how far they can advance that before sending her back home. I do know she has follow-ups scheduled with both her neurologist and her onc in the near future, so I'm hoping that's when the more specific course of action kicks in.

Thank you for helping us root Mom on, ladies! Stroke recovery is something that's going to require a lot of endurance and focus from her, and I want her and everyone at the facility to know she's a very special lady.
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote