View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 07:03 AM   #7
Erin

Harrie,
Welcome. Melinda is right, you will find lots of info on this subject on her earlier thread. My info is there but I will add that I am experiencing a great deal of heartburn. I had it already for years and had been sucessfully treating it with prescription meds daily, but I have had to double up and start using tums for intermient flare-ups despite the meds. I had my second round yesterday and haven't had as much trouble with the decadron insomnia as last time. Do have a pretty intractable headache though - don't know if that is herceptin related (?).

As many others have said, I am finding TCH doable. I have missed very little work so far - though I am very lucky in having a fairly sedentary job, and a wonderful boss and co-workers who are picking up the slack for me when chemo-brain sets in.

Best of luck, dear. Bring all your questions, concerns, and emotions here. This group is wonderful! I have been on a couple of other message boards but find that the HER2 + status changes so much for us in terms of treatment choices and outcomes, this site is much better and the info and advice is much more relevant.

Keep us posted!
SNB 3 nodes clear
Stage 1, Grade 2, HER2+++ (FISH 6.8)
ER + / PR +
TCH, 6 rounds, finished 6/1/07!!!
Herceptin to continue for 1 year
36 rads finished 8/22/07
Port out 8/27/07
Switched to Herceptin weekly for joint pain
Ooph 11/13/07
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote