View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #6
Melinda

Me as well

I am on the same regiment. there is another thread that has many of the same people giving their experiences. http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...ad.php?t=27097
I was just recently diagnosed and posted the same question. Hope this helps I know it did me knowing that there aer others in the same proverbial barrel. You are receiveing the same as I am.... started on 3/2. Feel free to email me or talk thru these posts. This regiment is "supposedly easier to handle than some of the others. I can't speak on them, but I am seeing more and more people asking about this one.
So far its a doable treatment. I agree with the others, there is a metal taste in many things, but you will find things that are still enjoyable. FOr me a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich tasted like a steak dinner! The hardest part for me is the decadron, which prevents the allergic reactions. You do not get a good nights sleep from the time you start it till at least 2 days after treatment. One of our sisters suggested sonata to help with sleep. I know tylenol pm did NOT cut it> Take your anti nausua meds... I have tigan and zofran and I find that one pill a day in the am is all i need . Better to be prepared than to have the nausau and then take a pill. SOmeone ran the vacumm cleaner at work the other day with the "air freshner"... and all I can say is thank goodness for meds. Tigan is inexpensive and does the trick but if you have a good prescription plan zofran is very good . Biotene and a prescription colgate toothpaste seem to be doing the trick for me. That and drink LOTS of water !
When do you start.......
You are in my prayers...... and since you have made it this far...... you now have a whole bunch of sisters pulling for you now!
Hugs and prayers
Melinda
Mammosite radiation completed 2/10
Stage1/Grade 1
clear Margins /Nodes Neg
ER+
IHC +2 Fish +
ONCO 23
Started TCH on 3/2 for 6 rounds of TC once every three weels and a year of Herceptin every 3 weeks -
Finished everything and now on Aromasin
Melinda is offline   Reply With Quote